CompactThe Redrock lowBase Baseplate is our new camera support baseplate designed specifically to rig and accessorize taller camera bodies for filmmaking and production. This compact, professional-level baseplate combines the quality and precision you need with the features you want, all at a revolutionary price.
Support for Tall Camera BodiesThe lowBase Baseplate is designed for tall professional DSLR camera bodies such as the Canon 1D series, and Nikon D3S/ D4, as well as shorter camera bodies with battery grip (such as Canon 7D, 5D MKII/MKIII, Nikon D800/e, etc.). The lowBase can also be used with RED Digital Cinema Scarlet and Epic cameras*.
The lowBase offers a solid baseplate with clamps for both front and rear 15mm rails (standard 60mm center-to-center spacing). Any tripod plate can be attached to the bottom with standard ¼ or 3/8 screws.
Additional features include:
- Rubberized pads to grip and hold the camera body securely
- Adjustable ¼ 20 screw for camera mounting to plate
- Optional rear 3/8 16 for additional mounting point for RED Scarlet or Epic
- Storage bays on bottom of plate for additional ¼ 20 and 3/8 16 camera screws
- Available as standalone baseplate or as part of a ready-to-go rig
- Precision-machined aircraft grade aluminum
- Designed and made in the USA, lifetime warranty
*For RED Scarlet and Epic, the lowBase support plate results in a slightly higher rail-to-center-of-lens measurement. Most follow focuses can adapt to this height, and the microMatteBox requires the mattebox vertical adjustment riser accessory. Other third- party products may or may not adapt for use with the lowBase.