The DSMC2 with MONSTRO 8K VV Sensor from RED DIGITAL CINEMA combines the full-frame MONSTRO 8K 35.4MP CMOS sensor with the lightweight, carbon fiber DSMC2 body. Advancing beyond the RED DRAGON 8K VV sensor, the MONSTRO 8K VV offers a wide dynamic range of 17 stops, and improved image quality with greater shadow detail. Use full-frame lenses to capture cinematic images at rates up to 60 fps in 8192 x 4320 8K, 75 fps in the 2.4:1 aspect ratio, 120 fps in 4K, and up to 240 fps in 2K.
Record full-frame video in REDCODE RAW (R3D) and ProRes or DNxHR/HD simultaneously, or capture minutely detailed 35.4MP still images. With up to 4x greater resolution than 4K capture and over 17x more than HD, the DSMC2 MONSTRO 8K VV provides the detail that enables cropping, re-centering, and additional tweaking during post while maintaining vivid, crisp imagery. Data rates of up to 300 MB/s can be reached when using 480 or 960GB MINI-MAGs, or up to 225 MB/s with 120 or 240GB MINI-MAGs (available separately).
A carbon fiber DSMC2 Sidekick control panel and interchangeable magnesium RED DSMC S35 PL Mount 2.0 are included, both sharing the WEAPON's strong yet lightweight design. Build out your DSMC2 MONSTRO 8K VV rig with separately available RED DSMC2 and third-party components including cable-free OLEDs, wireless remote control, media stations, power options, and various mounting solutions. A standard OLPF (optical low-pass filter) is included with this BRAIN, providing optimal color, IR protection, and glare reduction. This standard OLPF may be swapped out with a separately available specialized OLPF.
- 35.4MP, 40.96 x 21.60mm full-frame CMOS sensor for up to 8K-resolution images
- 17-stop dynamic range, with improved image quality and greater shadow detail
- Multiple capture rates including up to 60 fps 8K, 120 fps in 4K, and 240 fps in 2K full format
- Versatile workflow options with REDCODE RAW, ProRes, and DNx recording
- Lightweight yet sturdy carbon fiber DSMC2 form factor
- Includes a magnesium PL lens mount, Sidekick controller, standard OLPF, and BRAIN case
- Up to 300 MB/s data rates with 480 or 960GB, or 225 MB/s with 120 or 240GB MINI-MAGs
- Compatible with separately available DSMC2 components and accessories